Top 10 Dog Poisons
- Mouse and Rat Poisons (rodenticides)
- Vitamins and Minerals (e.g., Vitamin D3, iron, etc.)
- Human NSAIDs (e.g., ibuprofen, naproxen, etc.)
- Cardiac Medications (e.g., calcium channel blockers, beta-blockers, etc.)
- Cold and Allergy Medications (e.g., pseudoephedrine, phenylephrine, etc.)
- Antidepressants (e.g., selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors)
- Xylitol (commonly found in sugarless candy, gum, toothpaste, and even food products like peanut butter)
- Acetaminophen (e.g., Tylenol)
- Caffeine Pills
Please keep in mind that the above substances can be fatal to dogs. Take special care to keep these toxins out of your dog's reach.
If you think that your pet has ingested a toxin, call your vet, your 24 hour emergency animal clinic, or the 24/7 Pet Poison Helpline at 855-764-7661 ($59 per incident fee applies).